The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have diabetes and I have M.S. It makes for an interesting combination.
When my MS is ok I have been able to get off insulin.
When I have to take IV steroids it is really hard to control.

My pharmacy wants me to supply them with all my blood sugar results.
This has upset me. I asked why of 3 different people- for insurance, another test strips are being stolen, and it's ok it is private.

I am on Medicare and have prescription coverage thru AARP
I only need to test 2 times per day.
Why are they doing this?
None of my friends have to.

I feel like my privacy is invaded and dont feel like I really know what is going on
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, weaveroflight. It seems to me the choice is yours. They surely can't require you to submit your logs. If you'd rather not, just don't. Are they saying they won't fill prescriptions for you unless you provide additional information? Then find a new pharmacy. This sounds like hassle you don't need - none of us need any more bureaucracy butting into our business!

Thank you for joining us, and come back often. We'd like to get to know you better.

take care,

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
If your doctor prescribes it and your insurance covers it, the pharmacy shouldn't be raising a ruckus. Are you in a metropolitan area where there are other pharmacies? Find a new one.

They can judge 'til their hearts' content - while you're taking your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have diabetes and I have M.S. It makes for an interesting combination.
When my MS is ok I have been able to get off insulin.
When I have to take IV steroids it is really hard to control.

My pharmacy wants me to supply them with all my blood sugar results.
This has upset me. I asked why of 3 different people- for insurance, another test strips are being stolen, and it's ok it is private.

I am on Medicare and have prescription coverage thru AARP
I only need to test 2 times per day.
Why are they doing this?
None of my friends have to.

I feel like my privacy is invaded and dont feel like I really know what is going on
Anyone have any ideas?
Welcome to the forum! I know this probably won't make you feel any better, but as long as you have Medicare, they can ask you for your logs. Your test strips should be covered under Part B. You can go to another pharmacy, but they will eventually catch up with you. I know that blood sugar readings are private, but it is just something that they require. I don't know why your friends have not been asked for their logs. If they are on Medicare and are getting test strips, they will be asked to provide logs. If you don't give them the logs, they can stop paying for your strips. I am a pharmacy tech student and I just finished a study section on Medicare. If it makes you feel better, write a letter to Medicare and explain your situation to them. You may be able to send your logs directly to Medicare. Also, they probably don't have the staff or time to study your log.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts