The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Joe, I've been diabetic for about 10 years. I am looking for advice, I don't seem to get good answers from my local pool of doctors. My last A1C was 14 and my doctor didn't change anything, no meds, no guidence, nothing, just "Maybe you'll take this serious" speech. I do take it serious, I maintain 1800 cal diet, I workout 30 minutes a day on a treadmill and general walking. I keep my carbs under 100 per day. So I am very frustrated and looking for advice.

Thanks for hearing me out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to Diabetes Forum Joe! You are doing the right things that would give you a much lower A1c. If that is not working then I conclude that you need a medicine to fight your insulin resistance. (You were told you have Type 2, right?) I agree with John that you need to see an endocrinologist. Did you doctor explain why he thought you were not taking your diabetes seriously? I hope you will see an endo soon. Good luck!

Richard
This doctor seems to have an ego problem, he thinks he is the choosen one to cure all his patients. I am scheduled for an endocrinologist in early July.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts