The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members, I am bunby having Type 2 diabetes for the last 16 years. Am onoral medications only , but not on insulin.No Major complications so far however finding it now a days a little away from the normal Sugar Levels. Recently just a couple of days back underwent a Intestine Hernia surgery on emergency. Bit worried about the time that it may take for getting this cured. Looking forward for some advice and tips on how the Forum could help in a long run.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bunby. There's a lot of good information here if you poke around, and also Blood Sugar 101 is packed with valuable info.

You didn't say how far off your blood sugar is, but hopefully you're testing a lot and trying to get it back into a non-harmful range. When you say you're worried how long it will take to get it 'cured' - are you talking about the aftermath of your surgery or diabetes?

Diabetes can't be 'cured' of course, but it can be well managed as you already know from having had it for so long.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Recently just a couple of days back underwent a Intestine Hernia surgery on emergency. Bit worried about the time that it may take for getting this cured.
I can relate to the hernia thing. Had umbilical hernia surgery a few years back. I had to buy a recliner to sleep in for a few days because it was too painful trying to pull myself out of bed. But before you know it you'll feel like your old self again.

Let us know what your bg has been running and how you ate in the past to lower it. I'm like a lot of folks here, I eat low carb so have tamed my bg and I'm sure we can help you do the same. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi Members, I am bunby having Type 2 diabetes for the last 16 years. Am onoral medications only , but not on insulin.No Major complications so far however finding it now a days a little away from the normal Sugar Levels. Recently just a couple of days back underwent a Intestine Hernia surgery on emergency. Bit worried about the time that it may take for getting this cured. Looking forward for some advice and tips on how the Forum could help in a long run.
Hi Bunbe and welcome. You're sure to find some good information and ideas here. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts