The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice forum, glad to be a member.

A little about me, my doctor recently warned me to change my diet and increase my workouts to get my fasting level below 100. I followed his advice and dropped by level 10 points to 96. Really glad to get that result. Now I need to stick with the program.

This experience launched me into finding a good way to replace appetizing simple carbs with appetizing complex carbs, hence the username diabeticcookbooks.

For exercise I joined a spinning class, stationary bikes, and hit that class hard three days a week at 5:45 a.m.. For diet, I dumped the simple carbs for complex and I increased my intake of vegetables and fruit.

Look forward to hearing from you all in the forum.

Ken

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome Ken. I love to cook and when I was dx'd 4 years ago I thought it was the end to my baking. I was very wrong. I now use it as a challenge. I have found so many substitutes to replace flours and sugar in baking. I now have my pantry stocked with coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed, tons of nuts and stevia. I even use low carb whey for baking and making things like low carb waffles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts