The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am 58 years old I have been dx type one for a little over 35 years.
I am a pumper. I am brittle, I have experienced, neuropathy, fatigue, loss of energy, renal failure, not on dialysis, yet, hypertension, related to kidney complications. I spent some time with ketoacidosis.
I have hypoglycemic unawareness, and gastroparesis.
I have not solved these complications, but I can certainly share symptoms and guidance to work with these complications.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We're glad to have you join us and I hope you'll be able to visit often. You no doubt have things to teach others, and perhaps there are people here who can help you move forward in alleviating your problems. Some of our members have been type 1 at least as long as you have, and some even longer. Their wisdom & experience is pure gold.

Take care and thank you very much for joining us! :wave:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, D4Hope. Looks like you have pretty much experienced it all, must have been some pretty rough going at times. We are looking forward to reading more of your posts. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, and welcome! You do have a lot of complications, but maybe none of them have reached advanced stages. I had the beginning stages of neuropathy and retinopathy several years ago, and then I started pumping. I started having fewer highs and lows, and my control were much more stable. After a few months of pumping my retinopathy was gone, and the symptoms of neuropathy disappeared. Having very few highs and lows, and a good A1c can work wonders. How is your overall control? Do you have any eye problems?

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts