The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all,

I am undiagnosed but I suspect that I fall in the metabolic syndrome or hyperinsulinemia category. I would guess that my fasting blood sugar is getting close to 100 mg/dL and my fasting insulin level is inching closer to 10 uUnits/ml.

Soon I will get tested for interest sake alone.

I believe my health is likely at this stage because when I eat the Standard American Diet (SAD) I always feel tired after eating and often have fits of extreme exhaustion.

To counter this I take great effort to eat properly and the first step for me is staying away from bread, pasta, potatoes and sugar in all its forms including beer (all intense addictions). I try and eat as many non-starchy organic vegetables as I can, consume a normal amount of meat and eggs and avoid processed food - wholesome food is key. I supplement with krill oil and now that it is mid-spring I can get my vitamin D from the sun.

I am very much interested in diabetes and diet in general as robust health is vital to a life lead with passion and purpose.

You all take care now. :cool2:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It sounds like you are on the right track, Cain. Instead of guessing what your bgs are why don't you go out and buy a meter and strips. Test as soon as you wake up and then 1 and 2 hours after you start eating. This will give you invaluable information. Before diabetes I was very healthy, ate vegetarian diets and worked out in the gym tons. I was the last person I thought would get diabetes, but I did.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Walmart has a cheap meter and strips. Even if you are not diagnosed and wanting to see how you react you foods, the meter is invaluable.

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thanks for the tips jwags and jojeti, I may just do that. As much as it is human nature to want to belong to a tribe, this is one club (The Diabetes Club) that I am not eager to join! : )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.