The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am Kaushik N Joshi,54 years of age having type II diabetes. Recently I underwent Coronary Artery Bypass grafting in Feb 2010. I am having diabetes for the last 30 years.I also suffer from mild HTN.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi,
I am Kaushik N Joshi,54 years of age having type II diabetes. Recently I underwent Coronary Artery Bypass grafting in Feb 2010. I am having diabetes for the last 30 years.I also suffer from mild HTN.
Good to meet you Kaushik. I hope you are recovering well from your CABG surgery. It can truly give you a new lease on life....a fresh start for your heart :) What do you do to control your diabetes? Diet and exercise? medications?

Looking forward to getting to know you, please come back and share with us :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello, Kaushik . . . so happy to have you join us! I hope you'll tell us more about how you manage your diabetes, and all the things you've learned in 30 years of living with it.

By now you must be feeling a little more chipper with your new grafts in place . . . it sure helps to have your blood circulating again, doesn't it?! ;)

do take care & hurry back,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to meet you Kaushik. I hope you are recovering well from your CABG surgery. It can truly give you a new lease on life....a fresh start for your heart :) What do you do to control your diabetes? Diet and exercise? medications?

Looking forward to getting to know you, please come back and share with us :)
hi onaughmae,
thanx for prompt response :your diabetes is older than mine:I take insulin 3 times a day ( 20 + 15 + 15 unit ) combination of Human Mixtard and Human Actrapid plus Dianil .5 and Eurepa .5 after each meal. I also take 20 minutes walk and 10 minutes cycling at home.My diabetic control is fair ( less than 180 )

bye for now

kaushik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts