The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed with type 2 in my mid 20's by my primary care dr. He tried every pill under the sun to the point that my pharmacy was scared for my life. At one point during the first 3 months I was on 4 meds at the same time. SO finally he added insulin and that was the key.
A few months ago I began to see an endocinologist because I'm pregnant. I was then diagnosed with Type 1 (LADA). I now wear a pump and my A1C went from 9.4 to 5.6. I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful DR and that I live so close to a large city that has one of the best medical centers in the world. I'm here to learn more about Type 1 and LADA. :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hello and welcome! We are nearly neighbors...I am in SAn Antonio :) Congrats on your impending motherhood :) I am sure you know its more important now than ever to stay on top of those blood sugars! I also wear a pump and it has been the best thing ever! I am a long time T2 (diagnosed at 16). I have very little beta cell function left and am insulin dependant also. There are several T1s here and a few LADAs so I am sure someone will have advice for you. We are all here to support each other!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome! We are nearly neighbors...I am in SAn Antonio :) Congrats on your impending motherhood :) I am sure you know its more important now than ever to stay on top of those blood sugars! I also wear a pump and it has been the best thing ever! I am a long time T2 (diagnosed at 16). I have very little beta cell function left and am insulin dependant also. There are several T1s here and a few LADAs so I am sure someone will have advice for you. We are all here to support each other!
I love San Antonio! My Husband has tons of Family there and we visit often. My favorite time of year to visit is Easter! His whole family goes to Landa Park in New Braunfels. It's so nice to meet you!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, mama - thank you for joining us! Before I ever even got to your second paragraph, I was thinking 'this girl is type 1, for gosh sake! What's wrong with her doc?!' I'm so glad you found the doc of your dreams! heheh!

Houston is a fabulous medical "mecca" . . . it's where my little grandniece was diagnosed when she was only nine months old. She's eleven years now, and has already worn out one pump . . . she was pumping before she even went to kindergarten! lol.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First forum

Hi, this is my first and no doubt most important forum. I was diagnosed in 1990 as a type two. I was on pills until October 2010. I had my first surgery for bladder cancer in 2007, and a second surgery in September 2008. Then I started chemo.

My blood sugar was all over the place so the doctors put me on Lantus and Novolog. It took awhile but it seems to be under control. My fasting reading was 113 this morning.

I look forward to getting some good information from this site

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi, this is my first and no doubt most important forum. I was diagnosed in 1990 as a type two. I was on pills until October 2010. I had my first surgery for bladder cancer in 2007, and a second surgery in September 2008. Then I started chemo.

My blood sugar was all over the place so the doctors put me on Lantus and Novolog. It took awhile but it seems to be under control. My fasting reading was 113 this morning.

I look forward to getting some good information from this site
Hello Bill, and welcome to DF. We look forward to getting better acquainted with you. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, i am glad you found some good Dr's to work with!

Don

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome, Bill ... Welcome & Congratulations, Mama2be!

Glad you found this great place! Lots of info, support and recipes here.

Looking forward to getting better acquainted!

G

·
welcome Mama2be :) I'm type 2 on full time insulin (not pumping). Congrats on your pregnancy... exciting times for you. I'm sure you will find being on insulin a lot more helpful. I was also on oral meds for quite some time and they weren't working on me.

welcome Bill :) you sound like you've been having a difficult time there... chemo wouldn't be nice with having diabetes also. I hope you're feeling better.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: to both Mama2Be and Bill ... Glad to have you both here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.