The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you all
I am 56 years old and I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 about 8 years ego, at the time I lived in London England, I went to my doctor for a checkup and he told me that I am at the start of a diabetes 2. I now leave in Greece and 28 months ego I had a baby girl come to my life, I really need some help with my diabetes because I want to be around to see my little girl grow up for few more years.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Best motivation in the world!

Welcome to the forum I hope we can help you

Don

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good to meet you, RayJack, and snuggle your toddler for this old silly granny who loves the smell of babies' necks! :D

We'll be happy to help you long enough to get her through college, walk her down the aisle & spoil your grandchildren! heheh!

G

·
welcome Rayjack :) I'm sure you'll be around for many more years for your baby girl... you just have to continually monitor the BGLs which I know can be a challenge for all of us. What are you doing to control your diabetes at the moment? Are you just doing diet/exercise, or are you also on meds? I'm type 2 also, although I'm on full time insulin as my pancreas no longer produces enough insulin for my needs... beta cell damage. If you're struggling with BGLs and you've had diabetes for 8 years it may be worth requesting the diagnostic tests to be done again.... that's what I did. Your body may not be the same as it was 8 years back. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I think children and grandkids motivate us all to be as healthy as we can. Thanks to forums like this we support each other to achieve that. Let us know how we can help you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Living in Greece is bound to help a little - think Mediterranean diet ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts