Diabetes complications have set in.
1. High blood pressure - drugs Coversyl 10mg, Norvasc 5mg, Lipitor
5mg
2. Chronic Kidney Disease diagnosed Oct 2009 - GFR - 50%
Drugs - Ketosteril 600 mg Ketoanalogues, Moriamin Forte
(Multivitamin and Amino Acids), Vessel Due F 250 LSU Sulodexide
3. Fatty Liver - Sily Marine Plus Vitamin B Complex
4. Humulin 70/30 - 24 a.m. / 22 p.m.

Aside from the above, I have prostate growth. I've also been in bed for 10days now due to Spinal Stenosis.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot going on. Are you Type 1 or Type 2 and how is your bg control? I would imagine getting your bgs stable and closer to normal would help with some of those complications. I notice you are on a mixed insulin. A lot of D's here prefer to use a long acting insulin like Lantus and a fast acting at meals. This way you can fine tune your insulin depending on the carbs you eat. Also some type 1's are also insulin resistant and need to take a drug like metformin to help with the IR. Talk to your doctor about your different insulin options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that advice on insulin. I was not aware that we could use both long and fast acting insulin. I would discuss this with my doc on my next visit. I'm a Type 2diabetic. God bless!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard i am Martina from Burnaby BC Canada i am a type 2 for 6 years and i am on lantus insulin twice a day

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I notice that most of you are in Lantus. Must ask my doc about. Thanks for the warm welcome. How have you managed your T2? Jwags walks 3-4 miles. Last time I did 3 miles was 2009. Can't do it anymore because of twitching pain on my legs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
natsup5548 said:
Diabetes complications have set in.
1. High blood pressure - drugs Coversyl 10mg, Norvasc 5mg, Lipitor
5mg
2. Chronic Kidney Disease diagnosed Oct 2009 - GFR - 50%
Drugs - Ketosteril 600 mg Ketoanalogues, Moriamin Forte
(Multivitamin and Amino Acids), Vessel Due F 250 LSU Sulodexide
3. Fatty Liver - Sily Marine Plus Vitamin B Complex
4. Humulin 70/30 - 24 a.m. / 22 p.m.

Aside from the above, I have prostate growth. I've also been in bed for 10days now due to Spinal Stenosis.
I was diagnosed in about 1984. Have been on oral drugs since then. Too have enlarged prostate. Rarely I feel symptoms of diabetic neuropathy but nothing serious so far except occasional flashes of light and erectile dysfunction which at my age is not of consequence. Latest drug is Zomelismet met which is quite effective. My medication has increased over the period and I am wondering if I have to start on insulin? My sugar levels hover around 100 fasting and 170 pp ,HbA1c. Is around 7 or less. I think at my age regular
Walk of 30 to45 mts is very useful.
Sarv

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Sarv. We were diagnosed a few years apart. You are the 3rd person I've met so far in this forum and I must say that I'm really impressed with your fbg numbers and exercise regimen. You will be my model. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts