The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is kristi and I have been a diabetic for several years now. In 2004 I had the gastric bypass and my diabetes was under control. A little over a year ago I had back surgery and it sent my blood sugar levels through the roof. I am once again back on insulin, oh boy.

G

·
Welcome Wiccan :) so I gather you're type 2 on insulin? I'm the same, have been on insulin now for 1 year, but have had diabetes for 12 years. I'm sorry to hear that your BGLs have got worse. It's really hard managing this condition sometimes no matter what we do... especially if we have other health issues (which a lot of other people on this forum do have). I hope you have a good medical team behind you though. Look forward to you sharing your experiences with us all.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Kristi . . . that is a really low blow to have gotten so well controlled, only to have something else ruin all the good work. I hope you'll find comfort here and be able to continue tight control even though you require insulin again. Was the back surgery at least successful for what it was meant to repair?

Take care and visit us often!

:welcome:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My name is kristi and I have been a diabetic for several years now. In 2004 I had the gastric bypass and my diabetes was under control. A little over a year ago I had back surgery and it sent my blood sugar levels through the roof. I am once again back on insulin, oh boy.
Hello kristi and welcome to the forum! Come on in and sit down and get comfortable :couch2:. Gosh, I am sorry that you have other medical issues that are causing your blood sugar control to fly out the window. I have a ton of other medical issues and I try not to let them disrupt my efforts. But I have had to use prednisone several times and that messes up my blood sugar, but it is a good medication that many people need. So things go bonkers for a while. I hope we can help you get back on track. I hope that you will visit often and take care.

·
Registered
165 Posts
very sorry to hear that. hope ur sugars get under control soon.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi kristi, and welcome! :welcome:

Sorry to hear the levels are higher after your surgery... glad you're here though, hope we can provide some support to you :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts