The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use one of the iPhone/iPad apps to manage diabetes? I'm looking for something that has carb listings, a section to track carbs as well as blood glucose readings, and maybe other stuff too. Blood pressure and weight tracking would be good too. Just a nice, all around app that works accurately.

I never pay for apps, but it seems I cannot find a free one, so before I shell out any of my husband's hard earned money :) I thought I'd better ask.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes! Diabetes Buddy has been my best friend since getting diagnosed! Well, that and my insulin :). Anyway, it keeps track of everything, your test results, meds, carbs, water intake, weight, blood pressure, etc. It then graphs your results over time and you can email your info directly to yourself or your Dr. I absolutely love it!

Cheers,

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have "carb master" It has water weight insulin activity AND a listing of thousands of restaurant items with there carbs fats protein calories fiber... you can add it to the log by tapping and adjust the portion size from 1/8 to 100+ app also has common foods can set up a favorite list custom foods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've recently started using the Diabetes Buddy app for my iPad. So far I highly recommend it. It's got a decent database of foods, restaurants etc for adding the carbs in and you can customize foods as well. My only complaint is with the graphing function. It doesn't graph the insulin/glucose comparison in mmol/L which would be nice to see work but hopefully they'll fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts