The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just bought a new iPhone 4S this weekend and when I went to access this site (something that took forever on my BlackBerry) I was given the opportunity to download the forum app. I did that and let me say, it is amazing.

I never accessed this place after work or on the weekends because it was so difficult on my BlackBerry (not the forum's fault, imho BlackBerry web browsing sucked) so I am really excited to use this new feature.

I'm sure those of you with the applicable products have already experienced this but I just wanted to say, Great job, bob!!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
The app really does work well and I use it all the time to catch up on all the great posts while sitting on the subway for my 1.5 hour commute to Stockholm University. Welcome to the iPhone world!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have it on my android, I find it hard to post on weekends but I can stay current.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
canadiandude said:
The app really does work well and I use it all the time to catch up on all the great posts while sitting on the subway for my 1.5 hour commute to Stockholm University. Welcome to the iPhone world!
So far I am loving this phone. It is miles above what my blackberry ever dreamed of being. Rim had such an opportunity and wasted it. Now apple rules the world once again. It is a truly amazing product.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the 4s this weekend too...love it..it don't have the app on my phone but it is on my iPad

·
Registered
322 Posts
i use the app all the time, and even from the jungles of peru, if i could get an internet connection i could access the site throught the app

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just love accessing the site from home!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Josh, not trying to high jack your thread, but I was wondering something:

Are you guys using any apps to track you blood sugar and Carbs too?
I've been using Diabetes Buddy on my iPad and also got an iPhone this week.
So I was trying to sync my database, but couldn't get it to work.
Now I have put a lot of work into developing my own food library, so I really don't want to start over again.

Anybody knowing of an app that runs on both and syncs between each other?
Thanks, Martin

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Fuxl, Diabetes Buddy might be what you are looking for as it keeps track of carbs, Bg levels and has cross-device syncing. I used it a long time ago but not lately so I cannot testify to how good it performs but its worth a try.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Josh, not trying to high jack your thread, but I was wondering something:

Are you guys using any apps to track you blood sugar and Carbs too?
I've been using Diabetes Buddy on my iPad and also got an iPhone this week.
So I was trying to sync my database, but couldn't get it to work.
Now I have put a lot of work into developing my own food library, so I really don't want to start over again.

Anybody knowing of an app that runs on both and syncs between each other?
Thanks, Martin
I am using an app called OnTrack. I really like it so far. I tried another but it's name escapes me. I did not like it though so I just use OnTrack.

I found this site though it's android app and am greatful I did. It has it's own spot on my launchers dock and it gets used frequently.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
34 Posts
Diabetes Buddy is what I used since being diagnosed.
Helped me get my A1C from 12.3 down to 5.8.
I had problems getting my data from the iPad loaded onto my iPhone.
But it's working now.
It's awesome to have all this data with me at all times now.
I used to not track a whole lot when I traveled, since i didn't want to carry the iPad with me all the time. But now it'll be much easier!

Thanks for the replies.
Martin

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Diabetes Buddy is what I used since being diagnosed.
Helped me get my A1C from 12.3 down to 5.8.
I had problems getting my data from the iPad loaded onto my iPhone.
But it's working now.
It's awesome to have all this data with me at all times now.
I used to not track a whole lot when I traveled, since i didn't want to carry the iPad with me all the time. But now it'll be much easier!

Thanks for the replies.
Martin
I probably should have stipulated that I meant the newest release which fixed many of the syncing problems. I AM getting old!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I probably should have stipulated that I meant the newest release which fixed many of the syncing problems. I AM getting old!
Well, the issue was on my end.
Normally when I made a backup, I renamed the file to reflect the date of the backup. So when I restored that file on the iPhone, it didn't recognize it.
So I made another backup, and restored it right away. So I'll just have to change my workflow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I contacted the Diabetes Buddy Support Team, and they told me that they are working on implementing iCloud into their syncing process.
So you can make entries on the iPhone and they will show up on the iPad and vice versa. Can't wait to get this update!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi.

I've been using "RapidCalc" for a little over a month now and it's great (as long as you know what you're doing)
Enter the correct settings and it will give you a dose suggestion, track your estimated insulin on board, keeps track of your basal insulin and has a feature for exercising.

It's not free I'm afraid but so far it's been worth it for me.

(I just realized that most of you guys are not managing their diabetes with insulin so this app is mostly for type 1 I suppose, and a little bit of overkill for just tracking carbs and BG readings)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts