The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a baby 8 months ago before my pregnancy my hba1c was perfect and through out my pregnancy my levels were great but in my third trimester i had unstable levels. which the doctor said was normal due to hormones.

so 8 months on my levels are really out of control i just can't get them to stay right. in my pregnancy i gained 20kgs and since the birth i have been trying so hard to loose weight excersizing 1-2 times a day eating right but i have only lost 4kg. in the mornings i have to do triple the amount of insulin for breakfast and usually after this i am still high my body seams to be rejecting the insulin, i also can't afford to go to the doctor
could my body be rejecting the insulin?
can anyone help? :confused:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we eat alot of asian wich is basicly stock meat and vegies, i usually include atleast one serve of carbohydrate in each meal eg. potatoe, rice. I have carbohydrates for breakfast eg. wheet bix, toast. is that bad? what else could you suggest?
i am currently on levimere and novorapid
novorapid before meals 4-12 units
levi before bed 24 units

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but if i don't have any carbohydrates there is no need to take my insulin and if i don't take my insulin i will get high? thats why i always have atleast one serve of carbohydrates at meal times (usually low g.i). am i completely wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.