The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if bs being in the 60ish range is an issue? We had our turkey day today with family ate turkey, green Beans and lettuce salad. Before eating was 73, hour after 78, 2 hr was 76...low for me generally 80 before meal and 110 1 hr later.
The past 2 hours I have tested with 2 different meters and was 62 and 67. Feel a little weird but not that bad...

Has anyone this happen being a t2?

Thnx
Greg

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
As long as you feel okay, there shouldn't be any issue with it. Also, we have to consider the margin of error on most meters, so you may have actually been 70 or a bit above at each reading. As long as it doesn't consistently happen, I wouldn't be concerned. If it starts to happen frequently and you're on medication or insulin, I would definitely look into scaling back on the BS control meds.

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
If you are feeling normal, then there's nothing to worry about. I'd second Mary about looking at reducing meds if it is induced by any.

I find lower than normal readings whenever I'm outside the big bad city and in rural surroundings. Have always attributed it to better quality oxygen supply. Don't know if this is applicable in your case, just an idea.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woke up this morning and was 85 which has been about normal for me. I am still on 2000 mg met per day. the only thing that has changed in the past 3 months is my Endo started me on testosterone due to my low numbers around 150 each time it was checked. she stated that low T can cause thinning of your bones. I have noticed since using T therapy that my BS has been lower just not as low as yesterday. Back in 1992 had testicular cancer and one was removed and had radiation. I assume that is what caused the low T, but who knows! Fortunately had no symptoms associated with this. And to SKB I do live in the country surrounded by fields and pasture..

Have a great day!
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts