The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ate a bowl of chicken soup with a heap of egg noodles in it, 1.5 houts later o was 4.4!!!. is that normal?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spelling is off im doing it from my cell phone.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Sadly, pasta is somewhat notorious for causing delayed spikes, as much as 5-6 hours after eating.

That said ... fingers crossed that the chicken and broth canceled things out for you!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yikes! I got worried and ate a glucerna bar for diabetics. Ok I guess I will test again later

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so 2 hours after a glucerna bar too I am 5. I shouldnt be that low right? I have been getting night shakes maybe that is why?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
5 seems fine! (If I'm right, that's about 90 in the US.)

Granted, if that's lower than you're used to, it won't feel fine. Takes awhile to get used to normal numbers. :)

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just ate a bowl of chicken soup with a heap of egg noodles in it, 1.5 houts later o was 4.4!!!. is that normal?
4.4 is nothing to worry about. The level that you are at is what would be considered a "normal" BG reading, so congrats.

Just in case, maybe have some glucose tabs nearby, and if you dip too low *like below 3.5* then you can take a tab or two to get you abck to your target.

I know that at the beginning it feels like crap to have a normal reading. Don't worry though, you'll get used to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts