The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes a couple years ago. I drift in and out of periods of eating/exercising and then not. Lately NOT. I have not been back to be checked.

For about a week now my labia have been itching...up near the top where there's a little more collection of hair. The problem is more pronounced in the morning or after urinating. I have been trying to be super diligent with cleanliness after urinating and that seems to avoid the itching....except in the mornings.

There is no discharge or rash.

My mouth has been very dry. No increase in trips to the bathroom, although a few times I have wondered "Am I EVER going to stop peeing?"

Could these symptoms be diabetes?

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Very much so. Fungal infections, thirst & frequent urination are the classic symptoms. You need to get your tests done and then do what it takes to control the disease. Joining this forum is a very good first step that you have taken. You will find a lot of support, inspiration and advice here.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Do you have a bg meter? When your bgs are higher than normal your body doesn't fight off infections efficiently. You should see a doctor and start treating your diabetes with lower carb food and/or meds.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You definitely want to see a doctor to get medication if needed. But if your bgs are high you are giving infections the environment they need to breed. So also get a bg meter.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I'd most likely go to the GYN or maybe both if you can. A GYN is somewhat familiar with diabetes since they treat pregnant mothers to be and should be able to diagnose the skin problem. But be sure to use your meter because high sugar causes all kinds of problems!

Welcome...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had those same symptoms before I was diagnosed. The itching was terrible. That's one of the reasons I even went to the doctor. Found out I had diabetes. I asked the doctor to prescribe something for the itching, she said it would go away but she did give me a high powered cortizone cream which didn't help at all. What helped was once I started taking insulin all that went away. Please go and get checked, it may not be diabetes but it very well could be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts