The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh you will. It was tough I went from eating whenever I wanted to and eating crap, KFC, Mcdonalds, chips, just crap. I cut it all out and since March I'v lost 50lbs. And Since November 70lbs.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Way to go!

I still haven't gotten a recent weight...but I've been shrinking and fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years. I've probably lost around 50.... but I have a lot more to go before I get out of the "obesity" range.

However, I don't really believe in the BMI scale... even when I was skinny with a flat stomach, I was considered overweight because I have a very large bone structure...and that's not an excuse, I've always weighed more than average even though I wasn't chubby/fat... my son has the same thing... even as a skinny teenager, I had to buy extra links for bracelets and watches. I have incredibly strong bones and teeth too because of that. Even at this morbidly obese weight, my ribs stick out lol.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I just pulled out some clothes I bought when I was 25, I'm 35 now, I have never been able to wear. One shirt I bought and never returned it has never fit me, I'm wearing it today.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just pulled on one of my 18/20 shirts from 7 years ago and it fit... feels great doesn't it??? :)

Reactions: thisstinks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It feels amazing! I had to buy a bunch of new pants too. No more 40, then out with the 38's, now I'm on 36's and I may have to go down. When I got diagnosed I used my belt on the first hole, now I'm on the last hole! Pretty proud of that.

Reactions: wdmama

·
Registered
718 Posts
Maybe TMI... but I need to buy all new underwear since I'm losing so much belly fat. lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice! Feels really good. I'm the size I was in grade 10 now.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You must feel so good. I have been at my goal weight for over a year. So I finally cleaned out my closet and all those bigger sizes are going to Goodwill. That gives me incentive never to regain the weight. The cool thing is now I wear a smaller size than my 22 year old daughter. It is nice to exercise without something jiggling. Keep up the great work.

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should be really proud of yourself! It feels good to reach a goal! I still have a ways to go myself, but this just motivates me all that much more.. Thank you for sharing your success story!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I feel great also... I have lost 60 lbs since Jan. 11, 2011. I went from a 46 pants to a 38. My problem is I have stopped losing. I have been 205 for over three weeks. Any suggestions ?

bugg:( plenty more to lose...

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
I feel great also... I have lost 60 lbs since Jan. 11, 2011. I went from a 46 pants to a 38. My problem is I have stopped losing. I have been 205 for over three weeks. Any suggestions ?

bugg:( plenty more to lose...
No carbs
Smaller portions
Walk more

·
Registered
322 Posts
That is good to hear.
I get frustrated by the weight charts and BMI indexes. My goal weight is to get down to 195-200 range. According to my BMI over 200 is obese and between 200 and 160 is over weight. I was 175 when I got out of boot camp, and I will never be that lean again. The weight charts do not take into account those of us who are more muscular than the average person.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yeah I agree, I'm what hey called "Big Boned", I'll never be 180, I want to be 200-210, that is my goal weight. When I was diagnosed I was 275, that is my ideal weight if I was 9'2"!!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
I will never give up my bigger clothes because I find I have less crotch problems with baggier pants. And I am long passed the age that/when I was trying to impress people with my clothes.

You must feel so good. I have been at my goal weight for over a year. So I finally cleaned out my closet and all those bigger sizes are going to Goodwill. That gives me incentive never to regain the weight. The cool thing is now I wear a smaller size than my 22 year old daughter. It is nice to exercise without something jiggling. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
322 Posts
come on Jim, i bet in a pair of tight jeans you would have the ladies all over ya.

·
Registered
930 Posts
tgreen

tgreen:

hahaha, when I was in my prime at 28 with neat clothes and lots of money to spend on women they even ignored me then. I couldn't even attract a gold digger. :( As a leading anti god (atheist) women once said "I find engineers boring".

ColaJim

come on Jim, i bet in a pair of tight jeans you would have the ladies all over ya.

·
Registered
461 Posts
No carbs
Smaller portions
Walk more
Thanks TBP... I think you are right. I changed my life style to save my life. The question is "Do I want to change my life to be thin"? I'm very happy the way I am and can keep on doing what I'm doing for the rest of my life. However if I get radical with my diet and exercise I want stay with it. I admire those that can but I know me better than anyone...I'm OK at 205...

bugg:pThinking about a scoop of low Carb ice cream

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.