The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Type 2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have grave concerns about having insulin so accessible. My life has been extremely hard, on top of that it doesn't come with the blessings that 95% of the population seemed to have received. I'm worried what could happen in a moment of anxiety or distress with a whole heap of insulin in the fridge.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Hello, Janice! Welcome to the site!

Interesting first post.... I'm not sure if you are asking a question that calls for an intervention (if so, I hope you'll find it).

Insulin may be easier to come across in Australia. But, at least in the United States, there are very few places where you can buy it without a prescription (and, of course, needing a prescription pushes the price up to the point where some find it hard to afford). In some U.S. states, you can't even get insulin syringes without a prescription.

In many respects, insulin is one of those substances that is necessary in certain amounts and dangerous in too large an amount -- like painkillers or even water, which don't need prescriptions either. I suppose we just have to let people's will to remain healthy and not hurt others to keep it from being abused.

·
Registered
Type 2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you need a script in Australia. Once you have it there it can be used for anything

·
Super Moderator
9,777 Posts
Hi Janice, welcome to the forum.

Would you care to discuss your concerns? You can send a private message (conversation, in new forum terminology) if you wish. There is a 9-15 hour time difference, so there may be a delay in response from the US.

Reactions: itissteve
1 - 4 of 4 Posts