The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was diagnosed with type 2 diabelies last week and have not been handeling it well. i am trying 2 eat the best i can but there are times i want something with a lot of sugar lol. i am currently on metformin.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome Jason. I went through that also, I hadthe shakes for 3 months, I'm thinking it was a carb/sugar withdrawal and my BG levelling to a normal level. Cravings are huge though. I get angry sometimes too kknowing there is something I can't eat. But it eventually passes and we carry on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Jason, Im about 3/4 weeks ahead of you, it does get better, check out Blood sugar 101, has great info, I get through with the help from this forum, read everything, good luck.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
hang in there, your desire for food should pass in a few weeks.

tell us more about yourself

·
Registered
718 Posts
It definitely takes a while to go through "withdrawal." Even now, if I cheat and have something carby or sugary, I'm looking at at least a day of cravings again.

Now when I'm craving something I shouldn't have, I grab a couple pieces of bacon and I'm good :)

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If you are willing to use artificial sweeteners, you can still have 'sweet' treats. If you take a look at the recipes here you can have things like pumpkin pie, muffins, donuts, etc. The Netrition website sells several types of zero carb, calorie and fat syrups, even chocolate, strawberry and others that you can use to 'frost' such things as donuts and muffins. And if you don't want to do any baking, there is always Breyer's CarbSmart ice cream in vanilla and chocolate which you should be able to get at your local Walmart or grocery store.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts