The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that there is a Joslin affiliated diabetes clinic in Birmingham, AL. I have an appt with an endo for the end of next week but I am thinking about making an appt with this clinic. The only concern I have is it says it is a "catch and release plan." They will get you started then send you back to your primary care doctor. I don't have a primary care doctor but obviously need one. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Jostlin Centers do a very thorough work up but it can be quite expensive. Make sure your Insurance will cover the entire cost. I have had D for 4 + years and still see my Internist. I've never seen an Eno. It seems like you are fairly well controlled, quite early in your disease. I am not sure if going to a Jostlin Center will make much of a difference in your current treatment. Most people seek out Endos when they are uncontrolled or need to add insulin to their treatment plans.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am still sitting at 121 two hours after breakfast this morning. ARGHH! Of course, I tried the Ezekiel bread this morning. I apparently can't eat that stuff and it is that TOM. I think we have determined women, hormones and diabetes are a bad mix. I def think I have some hormone issue going on so I want to see someone who will give me a thorough work up and not dismiss everything as anxiety like muy ob/gyn does. I was all sweaty, hot and nervous this morning but not nauseated! Some improvement, I guess. I still haven't managed to start taking the second metformin pill. Still on just one 500 ER and I don't even think that is a therapeutic dose. Sorry to unload on you jwags! Just want to feel good again.

Edited to add: I just called the Joslin Diabetes clininc and they don't have an appt until Oct 3rd. Geez. Will stick with the endo at the Kirklin Clinic (University of Alabama at Birmingham health clinic).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts