The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A young friend came by my house today and told me that a friend had told her last weekend if she had questions concerning diabetes to ask me as in her opinion I had it perfected…and she is a nurse with it too. The young woman is a good friend of my daughter's. She was diagnosed in Dec. with an A1C of 6.9…the very number I was found with but at that time 4+ years ago it had to be 7.0 so I'm not officially diagnosed.

She is a very knowledgeable and has been following the ADA diet and said she just didn't want to take medicine if at all possible and that diet would not work utilizing all the carbs they told her to eat and was thrilled to learn we had found it didn't work. Just the opposite in fact. But we had found a way that does work. I sent her home with my copy of Bernstein's book and sent her email with this groups address and BS101's address. She's tough and will succeed I'm sure.

I am so flattered to have been of help to a girl who calls herself my 'half assed daughter'.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Isn't fame wonderful?

Happy dance for your semi-daughter for watching and thinking (and acting on) her own health! Happy Dance for Pat being able to offer worthy and important advice!

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
What a proud moment, Pat !!! Well done.

Semi-daughters are precious too. I have one who was addicted to sweet and had a lot of trouble with her periods. One push away from the sweets & all is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts