The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those celebrating American Independence Day today, have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!!! God Bless the USA!!!

·
Administrator
2,578 Posts
Happy 4th, folks. And for those of you outside the U.S., happy 4th (and 5th and 6th...)!

Looks like the weather here will clear enough to look for some fireworks displays tonight.

Reactions: etherea

·
Administrator
2,578 Posts
Looks like the weather here will clear enough to look for some fireworks displays tonight.
It did. Would love to say I got some great pictures of the show but I had only the lesser cell phone camera with me and I was a little further away than I've been in past years. Maybe next year....

Reactions: mbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We went to town and watched the fireworks display from my FIL's house with the family. Not a bad show for a town of less than 5000 people. Everyone appreciated us coming. We were the only ones that thought to bring mosquito repellent.

Reactions: etherea

·
Administrator
2,578 Posts
This year, oddly, they've left me alone and gone after my wife with a vengeance. Not the usual order...

·
Super Moderator
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife is the mosquito magnet of us. She is the one that insisted on getting the spray before we went.

Years ago, a lot of the land around the south side of town was planted with rice. I still remember the crawdad mounds in the yard of our first house we owned, So yes, they got skeeters. I'm glad now that we live in the edge of the hills, a few miles north.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I used to live in a rice growing area. We used to say the skeeters were big enough to carry you away! The folks that had lived there all their life hardly noticed them.
All bugs love me--My issue this week is chiggers:eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bleach water baths works wonders. Tried Chlorox gel pen, fingernail polish, etc.,, but the soak worked better.

Cousin iin Louisiana told me they had two sizes of skeeters, those small enough to go thru a screen door and those big enough to open the door,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts