Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it look????

Reactions: Msfranxie

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Mahvelous, dahhhling! Now you are up there with the bigtime.

So ... if you think stress messed with your blood sugar ... do you still use caffeine? And have you considered GABA supplementation? I am playing with GABA right now to see if it helps things. There is supposed to be an effect on the brain, the adrenal glands, and .... the beta cells!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No caffeine! I gave that up last year. It started to make my heart race........... I believe that is why the ativan (an anti anxiety medicine) helps me. It works on the GABA receptors in the brain and relaxes your smooth muscles. I didn't know there were GABA supplements??? You people are so cool and smart!

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Read the article on GABA (which, by the way GAD-65 helps produce!) on PubMed ... It supposedly does not cross the blood brain barrier, however. So no idea whether it works there, or not ...

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Looks great - I'm lusting after your A1C :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great - I'm lusting after your A1C :)

I hope it stays that way. It doesn't make sense really! Everyone at the doctor's office keeps telling me we have caught this early! WTH does that mean? You are shooting up then coming back down immediately. Doesn't make me feel much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.