The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, New Year's, and probably some other holidays I don't know of. Rather than ask people how they did managing what they ate over all the special meals, I thought I'd just ask what was hardest for you to resist or the item you broke your rules to enjoy. No shade; just learning more about the people in our community.

My toughie is my sister-in-law's chocolate truffles. She and a few friends of hers got together over a day or two and made hundreds of truffles in various flavors (peanut butter, peppermint, dark chocolate, coconut, etc.). It's a lot of ingredient prep and portioning and rolling and dipping and packaging. But the truffles that come out are as good as any I've ever had. SiL passed away suddenly a couple of years ago; this year her daughter, my wife, and a couple of the older members of the truffle team got together to do it again. The results were as good as I remember. And just as hard to resist now as they were then.

Anyone else have a favorite they've enjoyed (or come close to enjoying)?

· Registered
4,029 Posts
One of the ladies in our church is the BEST cook! She made fudge, cookies and assorted goodies. She passed out plates of them to each family today. If I was going to eat something I shouldn't it would be something she made.
As far as non-holiday food I'm tempted by good bread. I used to make good fudge and homemade bread pre D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts