The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum - you've made a great start right here! I'm recently dx'ed as well and have learned so much already just from reading many (many) threads here.

Were you diagnosed with type 1 or type 2?

G

·
welcome Jrlwood :) You will find lots of information (including links to other websites) on posts here. Tell us a bit about the findings on diagnosis... eg. what did they say your HbA1c test result was? Have you been placed on medication to help control your blood glucose levels (BGL) or are you starting with diet and exercise only? There's a lot for you to take in at the moment and we've all been where you are and understand the feelings you get. It's a journey for sure and you will continue to learn stuff as you go. All of us here are happy to offer support, advice, etc. It helps sharing with others who have a clue what you may be going through. Make sure you have a good medical team as you will need their help too. Have you seen a dietitian/nutritionist as yet? Keep us posted.
One website that is recommended here to explain things better is: http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think a lot of times, getting the diagnosis can be the motivating factor in making healthy changes. I know of a lot of people who are actually healthier now, with diabetes, than they were 5 years ago, before they were officially diagnosed. Good luck.
ESJ

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Jrlwood1 . . . ask all the questions you want - there's bound to be someone around here who's been there, done that & can help you along. This gang has helped me more than they'll ever know! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello there, I was diagnosed last year and still have alot of questions, this forum has helped alot just in the last 2 weeks. There is a good support system here, and people are understanding to what you are dealing with.. Good luck:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts