The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just diagnosed as well, on Friday. It came as no surprise; Type 2 Diabetes runs on both sides of my family. My doc is also diabetic, so she's very reassurring. She started me out on Metformin, to go with diet and exercise. I've been expecting this diagnosis for so long, it actually came as a bit of a relief. Is it wrong that this new journey seems kind of exciting? I'm looking forward to learning everything I can and living a healthy life. I have an acquaintance who has lost a leg to the disease.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was just diagnosed as well, on Friday. It came as no surprise; Type 2 Diabetes runs on both sides of my family. My doc is also diabetic, so she's very reassurring. She started me out on Metformin, to go with diet and exercise. I've been expecting this diagnosis for so long, it actually came as a bit of a relief. Is it wrong that this new journey seems kind of exciting? I'm looking forward to learning everything I can and living a healthy life. I have an acquaintance who has lost a leg to the disease.
Hi Connie and welcome to the forum! I hope you will feel comfortable here. We have a lot of information here for you to read, don't see your subject? Just do a search. A diabetic doctor sounds interesting! I am glad you got the diagnosis that you knew was coming. No that is great that this new journey seems exciting, I get overly excited about this disease, especially my fasting reading. And the date of my diagnosis was January 2000. I love coming here to the forum, something new pops up every day, never a dull moment. Enjoy Connie and please visit often and take care.

G

·
welcome Connie :) you're probably in the minority to be excited about your diagnosis. lol. But on the bright side at least you now know what you're dealing with and can get it under control. There's lot of support, information, etc. here. Look forward to hearing your experiences.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It isn't that I'm happy to be diabetic. If I had my choice, no disease. But the diagnosis is like, Well, now I don't have to wonder when it will happen. I'm determined to make it a positive thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts