The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

201 - 220 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I wrestled a 30 lb cat (not a typo) out from under a low china cabinet to give her medicine for a bladder infection. It's amazing that she fits under there, but it's one of her favorite hiding places.
Antibiotic shot didn't work so we are wrestling with her to give her liquid meds since Friday.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
16 mile bike ride on the trainer. First ride since March 7th, first full day off work since February 15th.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
mbuster, congrats on a rare day off. Are you still on for retirement soon?

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Yes, it was a retirement package that I had to apply for. Once accepted, I only had a week to back out. I'm beyond the date of no return. The date they gave me was July 1. I think I could push that out a little if I wanted to, with their permission, but has to be before December.

2 days off, yesterday and today, and I sure needed it. Since the outage started, March 2, I've made 327,422 steps in 21 days for an average of 15,591.5 steps per day (low of 10,683 steps, high of 20,280 steps). I've climbed 1,262 floors for an average of 60.1 floors per day (zero yesterday but when at work a low of 14 floors, high of 138 floors)

Back to work tomorrow, but at a point things will be slowed down some. We will be waiting on contractors to finish a major rebuild of an environmental component of the boiler and getting all the instrumentation cut over to a new DCS operating system. Weather has put the contractors working outside behind, so it maybe 3rd or 4th of April until we start up.

Reactions: etherea

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Wow! Hang in there! I think my feet would be stumps by now.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
I've worked so many hours since the 2nd of March, I don't even know what day this is. I do know I put in 20.869 steps today and 63 floors, well officially yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
I've worked so many hours since the 2nd of March, I don't even know what day this is
I haven't worked a single hour (at that kind of job) but because pandemic I barely know what day it is. :wink2: I commend you on the effort you've had to put in. They are getting the most out of you before you get to take a very long break.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
That's what BH says, they have taken advantage of my work ethics my whole career. Yall are probably right.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
It doesn't seem like things have slowed down much at work after our outage. Something new needing worked on every week and time consuming to get ready for maintenance.

A 16 mile ride on the trainer Saturday because it was raining and 22.8 miles outside Sunday. Got back just in time to miss getting hit with torrential rain. I'm trying to think if there has been three days this month it hasn't rained.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
mbuster, I thought you were supposed to be retired by now. No?

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
July 1st is my last day. I've got a month to get back in shape.

Reactions: itissteve

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
It's been a while. 44.18 mile bike ride yesterday. Took it easy, but still sore this morning. Gonna start getting more time on the bike soon. 10 days, 4 hours, 17 minutes, and 45 seconds...but who's counting.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
27.2 mile bike ride today.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
A 45 mile bike ride yesterday. So out of shape for this.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
A 21.2 mile bike ride on the trainer this morning. Been almost a month since last ride. I gotta do something about that.

201 - 220 of 300 Posts