The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 25 mile bike ride on the trainer this evening.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
18.9 mile ride on the trainer last night.

Ordered new trainer yesterday, they were back in stock, can't wait for it to get here..

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
Wondered if you were still on the old trainer. Enjoy the new one!

Exercise today was moving two inches of very wet snow from two driveways and four sidewalks. The sun will do the rest of it. Time for a break.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 14.2 mile ride on the trainer this afternoon.
New trainer supposed to be here Thursday according to FedEx. Hope they are staying more on schedule than UPS has been the last couple of weeks.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Got my new trainer in Friday afternoon. It is a direct drive trainer, you take the rear wheel off your bike and mount the bike to to the trainer. Had to borrow some special tools to put the gears on it Saturday. Rode it for about 15 minutes Saturday night using my old trainer's software to control the resistance. Put the new trainers app on my laptop Sunday morning and rode 9.5 miles. Although the route was fairly flat and easy, I pushed it more than normal. It was all I wanted today. I'll try to put up a pic or two tomorrow.

I took it to my room after Sunday mornings ride. When I went to move the old trainer, I noticed one of the pieces that I had glued back together had come apart, so replaced it just in time.

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
Enjoy the new trainer, mbuster! I didn't know your old one wasn't direct-drive. That's what makes taking my bike off the trainer such a pain -- replacing the quill with a wheel and kind of realigning everything. Not something I wanted to do often.

I went to ride my bike yesterday with our granddaughter and found the front tire is leaking air. I'll fix it tomorrow. It should hit 70 here on the tundra, so it would be nice to get out and about.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 22.7 mile bike ride today on the trainer.
IMG_8762.JPG IMG_8764.JPG IMG_8765.JPG

Reactions: itissteve

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
5.7 miles on the trainer last night. I got on it too late and I had too little energy.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
22.9 mile ride on the trainer tonight.

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
mbuster, how are you liking the new trainer?

My exercise yesterday: cleaning out a large closet most people would call a bedroom.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Loving it so far.

I thought I was the only person that has one of those closets.

Reactions: itissteve

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 32 mile bike ride on the trainer.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
2 rides on the trainer yesterday, 12.5 miles in the afternoon and 12.1 miles after supper.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
A 25.6 mile bike ride on the trainer yesterday afternoon. 15 miles tonight.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
8.4 mile bike ride on the trainer yesterday evening, 24.5 mile ride today.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
11.8 mile ride on the trainer yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
15.4 mile ride on the trainer today.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
I've been biking for a few years now, mainly because I didn't think my knees could handle running.
Yesterday was prep day for my 10 year colonoscopy today. I learned I can run ...... but I think I'm gonna stick with biking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I took a very short walk today. My hips are hurting me again.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Doing a two week special safety project job at the place I retired last year. Got in 12,700 steps and 8 floors today. I kind of miss getting the stairs in, should get a lot more in as I get around the boilers for the project. Glad its temporary, I don't miss it that much.

261 - 280 of 291 Posts