The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Yesterday13,396 steps, 18 floors. Finished the day with a 14.1 mile bike ride after supper.

Reactions: itissteve

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
Yesterday13,396 steps, 18 floors. Finished the day with a 14.1 mile bike ride after supper.
Yow, mbuster. If that were me I'd still be sleeping with the bottle of acetaminophen still clutched in my hand....

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
14,258 steps and 39 floors today. After not riding for 10 days, last night made me a little leg sore today. Swirling a glass of ice floating in 3 oz of Dano's Dagerous Tequilla, 1 1/2 oz of Craft Cordials Triple Sec, an ounce of lemon/lime juice, sprinkled with some pink sea salt is my exercise for the evening. Back on the bike trainer tomorrow night. I did watch Stage 8 of Paris Nice bike race this evening that I somehow missed earlier in March.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Not much so far today, needing some rest from increased activity earlier in the week and dealing with the aches and pains from yesterday.

Friday nights storm took out a couple of trees at my sons house. A pine tree snapped about 12-14 feet above the ground, taking out the top of another tree and landing across the hoods of his Jeep and his wife's SUV. It was fortunate that it didn't fall toward their trailer, the grandkids bedrooms were on that end. It was a good 14-16" in diameter where it broke. My son had to go to work before daylight and luckily had another vehicle to drive. Me and BH went over to help out after we heard about it. My wife carried our DIL to town to pick up a rental car. Me and the 2 older grandsons began cutting limbs and stacking them out of the way to be able to assess dealing with the tree on the cars to avoid any more damage to the vehicles. Most of the weight was borne by the Jeep and as the tree top was cut off little by little, it raised up a little off the smushed hood of the SUV. After the girls got back we were able to lift a little on that end of the tree and back the car out from underneath it. We then built up a stack of cinderblocks on each side of the Jeep, under the tree to keep it from shifting to much as we whittled a little off each end until we got up next to the blocks. We used a hi lift jack to raise each end of the tree a little at a time until we had it off the hood of the jeep and could get it out from under what was left of the tree. Rolled it off the blocks to the ground and cut it up into more manageable pieces. Only had about 5,000 steps recorded on the pedometer.

Got in 14,855 steps and 41 floors in Thursday and 10,571 steps and 43 floors Friday. Did about 10 miles on the bike Thursday night.

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
Wow -- that's a lot of damage, mbuster. Glad it wasn't more serious.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
I thought I posted a couple of pics, but looks like they didn't stick. First effort from phone on new format, but had issues picking just thumbnails, it kept wanting to put full size on there too.

Back to going active again after the weekend.
IMG_8879.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Sorry for the damage, but so glad the grands were safe!
Thank you, me too. Here are the pics I tried to post from Saturday.
IMG_8871.JPG What they woke up to.

IMG_5846.jpg What was left after de limbing and topping. The ends of the tree are inches out of the pic on each end.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My physical activity is very light and I do more on some days than others. Today was physical therapy stretches and picking up a very small ac. :D

Reactions: mbuster

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
23.78 mile bike ride on the trainer. I've got to quit taking so many days off without riding. If it wasn't for all the walking and stair climbing the last 2 weeks, I might be sore tomorrow. The weather is so nice I need to take the bike off the trainer and start riding outside.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts