The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

301 - 320 of 338 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
12.3 mile bike ride on the trainer. Been a while.

Reactions: etherea and Steve81

·
Registered
135 Posts
Been keeping up with the rowing, walking, and cycling routine, getting about two hours of workout time in per day. In the evenings, been hitting up a field at my kids school and doing batting practice with them & the wife.

Only real problem now is my older son is having trouble keeping pace in the increasingly warmer weather, and I'm looking to go faster since the walks aren't challenging me any more.

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
Finally rode outside. 40.86 miles, gonna be sore tomorrow. Riding harder for an hour on the trainer just ain't the same.

Reactions: etherea

·
Registered
15 Posts
I walk 30 min. or more daily, plus, believe it or not, I count my rocking chair as exercise now since reading that if you rock for an hour you burn 150 calories. 😄 Yeah, for real? I'm not off my rocker. It also lowered my bg.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pretty sure I overheated the rowing machine this morning. After about 35 mins, there was a smell reminiscent of leaving an empty pan on a hot stove. 10 mins later, the hydraulic cylinder was still too hot to handle. Just walked / danced the rest of the album (Styx: Kilroy Was Here). No comments necessary on my taste in music :D

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
Pretty sure I overheated the rowing machine this morning. After about 35 mins, there was a smell reminiscent of leaving an empty pan on a hot stove. 10 mins later, the hydraulic cylinder was still too hot to handle. Just walked / danced the rest of the album (Styx: Kilroy Was Here). No comments necessary on my taste in music :D
Not even to compliment you on your taste???? I listen to everything from George Jones to Black Sabbath.

Reactions: Steve81

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
Not much from here, but best day this week with 7000 steps. Took down my old weather station and put up a new upgraded version. I post on weather underground and I'm going to see if I can figure out how to put a link to it in my signature and see it I can put a web cam on the site.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not even to compliment you on your taste???? I listen to everything from George Jones to Black Sabbath.
Compliments are always welcome! I generally appreciate classic rock, with some hard rock and country tossed into the mix. My “Pump You Up” playlist ranges from AC/DC and Motley Crue to Bob Dylan.

I’m out of town this weekend, so odds are against me maintaining my move streak (52 days @ 900+). Got in at midnight last night, so step 1 is unload the car and recharge the watch.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just snapped off 68 mins, 17 miles on the in-laws stationary. 425 calories per the Apple Watch (bike records nearly double that).

The challenge will be tomorrow since I’ll be back on the road for 8 hours. I guess it’ll be a hard evening if I want to maintain the move streak.

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
Good job. I need some of that motivation to rub off on me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good job. I need some of that motivation to rub off on me.
Just a general exercise question. I either go to the gym in the morning for an hour and a quarter of a brisk 30 minutes of cardio and the remaining in getting my lift on. On weekends I go for an equally brisk 2 hour bike ride in the hills of Vermont. My question is after either workout my blood glucose numbers are elevated and it takes almost 2 hours before they drop. What gives?

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
What are you eating before your activities? Are you testing your BG before your activites? Are you taking anything for nutrition/hydration during or after the activities?

Most likely you are burning glucose for fuel with brisk workouts and your muscles are calling for more as it is depleting. The liver converts some of its stored glycogen back to glucose and puts in circulation to answer the call. Other hormones may also kick in and set off even more calls for glucose. Insulin resistance may slow down the process of that glucose getting into the muscle cells and you run high numbers.

If you are eating a lot of carbs, keeping your liver stockpile of stored glycogen full, reducing carbs could help deplete some of that excess glucose.

Reactions: gerryyy

·
Registered
135 Posts
I find that the time of day makes a difference in terms of whether or not exercise will drop my BG. It doesn’t seem to matter how much I do in the morning, it stays steady till the early afternoon. Only thing I eat at that time now is a keto shake. In the evenings, different story. Exercise helps cut those PP spikes big time.

·
Super Moderator
9,723 Posts
20.1 miles on the trainer. Had a group ride planned for this morning, but of course it had to rain us out.

301 - 320 of 338 Posts