The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
381 - 400 of 439 Posts

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
My wife has put in 200 miles on her exercise bike only riding it 15 minutes at a time since she got it a couple of months ago. That ought to motivate me to start riding my bike again, but it is deer season.

Hope rehabilitating goes well after your surgery @fangirl

Reactions: etherea

· Registered
545 Posts
I try to ride the exercise bike every day. Yesterday was busy and I didn't do it, but I've already ridden 30 minutes today.
I hope you're still healing well @fangirl
That's great that you're managing to ride the bike most days. Just moving a little really helps, doesn't it?

Thanks for your good healing vibes, @etherea. Yes, doing well and happily the path report has come back with clear margins so we are moving forward with optimism!

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
15.1 mile bike ride on the trainer. Might as well get some movement in while watching bowl games on TV.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Planned on riding longer on the trainer but only managed 10 mile ride. Legs were a little sore and knees started hurting at about 3 miles.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
10 mile ride on the trainer before supper last night. A little more intense ride (more resistance).

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
23 miles on the trainer today. The legs are complaining.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Gonna have to set the trainer for the bike back up in the living room for the next 3 days and get on it while while watching bowl games.

Reactions: itissteve

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Rode 18 miles on the trainer watching the first half of the Outback Bowl. Didn't set it up until this morning. WPS!!!

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Rode 12 miles on the trainer yesterday. Took today off. 2 days in a row is the biggest streak I've had this year LOL.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Keeping moving is one of the biggest challenges I had when I "retired retired" two years ago....
I've been retired for a year now and I'm finding that is one of my biggest challenges too. Even though I had a desk job, I would get up and move when my Fitbit reminded me to.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Well I haven't managed to get motivated to get back on the bike in a while, but today is the first day I've put in over 10,000 steps since Christmas Eve, I don't even remember doing that, but It was the first time since last October when I went back to work for an outage. Today was my first day back at work for another maintenance outage job hiatus from retirement. I thought I told myself the last one was the last one. This one will have to be it, LOL.

I've spent too much time studying new tractors since the front wheel spindle broke on my 34 year old one. I fixed it, but the fever hit me and I got a new one. Now I'm not going to have a lot of time to enjoy it until May, but I bet I'll be getting a lot more steps in.

Meanwhile BH has been logging some miles on her stationary bike. Last report she has over 700 miles on it since getting it in early December.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Spent a lot of time today in the office on the computer, 5148 steps today, not really what I was hoping for.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Not getting in as many steps in as I thought I would in my temporary job. Having to spend more time inside on the computer than I thought I would. I've had one day of 10,000+ steps and last week I had an 11,500+ step day. Averaged about 7,000/day last week and only 5,000/day this week, but sat in a 3 hour meeting yesterday. I know there will be days ahead where I'll get more than I want.

I need to get back on the bike.

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
My how things can change in a month. Maintenance outage started yesterday, 16,941 steps and 48 floors. Today was busier, 22,953 steps and 63 floors. Wonder what tomorrow will bring, besides some soreness?

381 - 400 of 439 Posts