The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my Endo today for a pre-pump class. They had me run down to the lab to get an A1C test done, first one since being diagnosed in Feb. When diagnosed, I was 15.4, today I was...6.7! While that is not as low as my end goal, it is certainly a step in the right direction, so I am pretty happy with it :)

Cheers,

Jeremy

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Holy cow, Jeremy! In three short months?! That's an incredible improvement! Just wait'll you get that pump revved up! ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice job Jeremy! What pump are you getting? I figured I would be on one some day... What did you think of the expo?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shanny said:
Holy cow, Jeremy! In three short months?! That's an incredible improvement! Just wait'll you get that pump revved up! ;)
Thanks Shanny! I can honestly say this forum played a huge part in my success so far. I am very thankful for everyone's help over the last few months and hope to pay it back (and forward) in the future.

Cheers,

Jeremy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chesney said:
Nice job Jeremy! What pump are you getting? I figured I would be on one some day... What did you think of the expo?
Thanks! I am looking at the Medtronic pump. It holds 300 units of insulin and has some pretty neat features. The price is a bit hefty at $7,000 but insurance should pick up most of it (let's hope!)

The Expo was pretty cool. Like you said, it was quite a bit of ADA hype, but I listened to a couple of speakers and thought they were interesting. The healthy food stuff was kind of funny as there were many things I would not touch with a ten foot pole. Sorry we missed each other.

Cheers,

Jeremy

G

·
Went to my Endo today for a pre-pump class. They had me run down to the lab to get an A1C test done, first one since being diagnosed in Feb. When diagnosed, I was 15.4, today I was...6.7! While that is not as low as my end goal, it is certainly a step in the right direction, so I am pretty happy with it :)

Cheers,

Jeremy
wow, that's a big difference Jeremy... well done! :D My last HbA1c was 6.6 and I was pretty happy with that. I've not been below 7 in years. I think it's the insulin that makes a big difference too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts