The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really freaked out, the Dr. said it was borderline, any opinions on if it can be an error or is this the typical way you start your dx.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello JMD, welcome to Diabetes Forum! Tell us about this number. Is that a fasting blood sugar taken at home before breakfast? Is it a number from a blood test done at a lab and sent to your doctor? It is difficult to say anything about the number unless we know the circumstances. Do you have any diabetes symptoms? Drinking more liquid that usual? Peeing more than usual? Losing weight? Losing your appetite? Tell us more about yourself. Good luck to you.

Richard

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn't be paranoid about one reading of 124.

My wife went high a few times, when she wasn't feeling well, in the 181 range. After she felt better, right back down to normal. I remember testing her after a high carb meal with a nice dessert, and she was only 95 then.

If you are worried, ask for a glucose tolerance test. That would be much more informative than one reading.

That and everything Richard mentioned. More details.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome aboard i am Martina from British Columbia Canada, i am a Type 2 diabetic since July 2005 i am on insulin and pills

1 - 4 of 4 Posts