The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Amazing stuff - well done. I had my dx in Feb and have only managed to get from 8.1% to 6.3% in that time :eek:O!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement! I will be the first to admit I am a bit of a control freak and at the time was disappointed not to have done better. I got over it though :) I am taking ages to drop the weight though, since January I have worked hard through diet and exercise and have lost a stone but it has come off very slowly and has now been stalled since May. I low-carb, have reduced portion size, kind of figure that maybe I should chill now. I am JUST under 10 stone and 5'2". Perhaps that is ok?? Lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the encouragement! I will be the first to admit I am a bit of a control freak and at the time was disappointed not to have done better. I got over it though :) I am taking ages to drop the weight though, since January I have worked hard through diet and exercise and have lost a stone but it has come off very slowly and has now been stalled since May. I low-carb, have reduced portion size, kind of figure that maybe I should chill now. I am JUST under 10 stone and 5'2". Perhaps that is ok?? Lol.
Yes, It is DAMN frustrating. Especially since in the first week after being diagnosed i lost 12 lbs, 10 the next, and then i've been level since then despite the healthy eating and really bumping up the exercise. frustrating to say the least.

The hardest thing for me has been eating on the go. I work in music, so sometimes i'll be at the office til 7, then have to head to a bar to see bands play by 8, and trying to figure out what to eat is the worst.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Eating on the go is certainly a challenge ... guess you will be getting through a few salads! Good luck :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Reading about people who have lowered their A1C is my fav thing I think! I just love good news and a lower A1C is an achievement and reason to brag in my opinion...!! :)

Congrats to both of you! :hail:

I'm trying to lower mine at the moment and will not get tested until December.

My job is quite demanding physically and I don't have a regular schedule as such. In a week I can work 15 hours, then the next I can work 60 and sometimes I do 36 hours in 3 days. Needless to say, I eat on the go. When I can eat that is! It helped messed up my numbers and A1C. Ok, I must admit, I wasn't testing too so I contributed largely to the problem. Now whenever I have time, I cook! I try to have stuff ready in the fridge and/or freezer. So far so good. Eating on the go is the hardest!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts