1,891 Posts
Hi Lanz, nice to meet you, welcome to the forum! tell us about yourself

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lanz, nice to meet you, welcome to the forum! tell us about yourself
Hi thanks for your welcom,

yes I have taken control I know only too well with complications as my late mum had type 2 she had eye problems and was registered blind. I don't understand why I have slight diabetic problems with my right eye:confused: only been DX for 5 months before this so wondering now if I have had D a lot longer can't say I had any symtoms beforehand no point dwelling on the past live for today:)

lanzlady

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, Lanzlady! I'm a non-insulin-dependent type 2 and manage so far with diet/exercise/metformin. Tell us more about yourself and how you manage your diabetes.
:ranger:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
hello to everyone I have just joined this forum hope to meet type 2's

Lanzlady

Type 2
DX 22/01/2010
D/E only no Meds(yet)
very slight diabetic changes to right eye(June 2010
HbA1c Oct 2010 6.4%
Hello and welcome to the forum! Come on in and get comfortable. There is a wealth of information here, read what interests you. I hope you will visit often and take care!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello, I an insulin dependent type 11..I am fast becoming insulin resistant too I was told so I am on low fat and low carb diet mostly, I do chat sometimes as I have terrible sweet tooth but combine it with portioin control and vigorous activity after that..Welcome to the forum.:ranger:

G

·
Welcome Lanz :) I'm type 2 insulin dependant diabetic. This is a great place for support as people here have a clue. No doubt you probably did have diabetes undiagnosed before you were diagnosed. I often thought that about myself too. Along with keeping an eye on diet and exercise, also watch your health, stress levels, sleep pattern, etc... they all impact on your BGLs too. I've learnt that too well in last few years as I've had bad run with health & still trying to get myself sorted here. I can tell you some funny stories... but really it's not that funny as I've pretty much had enough of being unwell. I'm unimpressed that I've not been able to exercise properly... just going for walk with the family is an adventure as I'm following behind them in pain (and I normally would move fast) and belching badly... they are normally laughing and I get comments like "you can start your own gas plant". You're right about not dwelling on the past and living for today... keeping the attitude right is what makes all the difference whether we're doing well or not.... we can keep trying to do our best.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me! I'm a type-II (non-insulin) managing with diet/exercise/metformin. Glad to meet you!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

Lanzlady

Type 2
DX 22/01/2010
D/E only no Meds(yet)
HbA1c Oct 2010 6.4%
Welcome! I am a long time T2 (insulin dependant now) diabetic. Come on in and get comfy. Tell us about yourself and I am looking forwards to getting to know you :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome

Lanzlady

Type 2
DX 22/01/2010
D/E only no Meds(yet)
HbA1c Oct 2010 6.4%
Ahh thanks everyone for your warm welcome:)

Lanz

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome! I am a newly diagnosed Type 2 and have found this forum to be very valuable! Hope to see you here often!

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ditto!

Exactly the same as he said, lol! It is a scary diagnosis to get but I have found this forum to be so helpful already.
Clea :)

Welcome! I am a newly diagnosed Type 2 and have found this forum to be very valuable! Hope to see you here often!

Jeremy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts