The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Newcomer here! Diagnosed in December with type 2dm while on holiday. (Yes, it sucked.)

What I have serb in this forum so far is great and I hope to have many meaningful exchanges here!

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi and welcome pgreeff...this is a wonderful place to learn and get support

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HardBackStrider said:
Hey pgreeff welcome. Where you from
Hi there! I hesitate to give specific information out on the internet, so a general answer - I've been living in the Middle East since 2007. I am finding diabetes care here to be lacking in consistency and quality, with most of the advice I get being trial and error meethodology. I accept this might be same in many regions but my only experience has been here so I can't compare. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I am finding diabetes care here to be lacking in consistency and quality, with most of the advice I get being trial and error meethodology. I accept this might be same in many regions but my only experience has been here so I can't compare. What do you think?
It's the same here in the U.S. but luckily most of us here on the forum know where to find the correct information and advice when it comes to diabetes, and we try to tell all of the newbies about it. It's Blood Sugar 101 Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the same here in the U.S. but luckily most of us here on the forum know where to find the correct information and advice when it comes to diabetes, and we try to tell all of the newbies about it. It's Blood Sugar 101 Welcome to the forum.
Hi Gizmo! Thanks - at least I know I'm not in an unusual hole, hey! I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to learning a lot.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forums! We're glad you are here. I hope you come back often and find a nice, welcoming bunch. We get along really well and look forward to having you around. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts