The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed on July 29th with pre-diabetes. My doctor has been having me check my blood glucose levels in the morning when I wake up, before I eat dinner, and a couple hours after I eat dinner...or whenever I don't feel good. Well things have been hard for me in my personal life lately which means all of my medical issues have been suffering as well.

Well what I need some opinions on right now would be that I started to not feel good so I decided to test and my blood glucose was 143. It's 10:17pm right now and I haven't eaten since 6pm. Should I be concerned by this. I forgot to check my blood glucose before and after dinner tonight just because I've had a lot of personal things going on and it slipped my mind.

TIA

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was diagnosed on July 29th with pre-diabetes. My doctor has been having me check my blood glucose levels in the morning when I wake up, before I eat dinner, and a couple hours after I eat dinner...or whenever I don't feel good. Well things have been hard for me in my personal life lately which means all of my medical issues have been suffering as well.

Well what I need some opinions on right now would be that I started to not feel good so I decided to test and my blood glucose was 143. It's 10:17pm right now and I haven't eaten since 6pm. Should I be concerned by this. I forgot to check my blood glucose before and after dinner tonight just because I've had a lot of personal things going on and it slipped my mind.

TIA
Most diabetics like to keep their post meal blood sugar readings at 140 or below. The ADA says that one can have a post meal reading below 180 and is acceptable. The best thing to do is to test before you eat. Try and test at 1 hour and then at 2 hours post meal and your blood sugar should be back down to where you were before you ate. If you are higher, then you need to cut back on your carbs. At 143, I think that you are OK, but I don't know what your blood sugar was before you ate dinner. Try and not worry too much about one reading, you can simply get upset over nothing. Stress can raise your blood sugar as well. Take care of your mind and body, everything will work out for you. When you feel that your blood sugar is too high, try and drink plenty of water as this can lower your blood sugar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re:

Well.. I think you are panicking the most... actually the post meal glucose level is considered to be 180, so no need to get hyper tense.. and being in a perfect diet is a best thing forever..so don't avoid the meal on time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts