The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just wanted to post 2 websites that have good information on patient assistance programs for people with diabetes and other health issues.

Note, I am not employed by either of these companies, I am just a secretary for a health care provider and have used these to help patients, friends, and also my stepdad.

needymeds(dot)org NeedyMeds is probably the best resource on the web. It lists the pharma companies by name, and you can also search by medication name.

pparx(dot)org Prescription Assistance Program is another good resource. It is more widely advertised.

Never go to a site that tells you they will do all this for you for a fee. You can gather all the information yourself and do it in a matter of hours. (Personally, I would not feel comfortable handing my information, financial, ssn, etc. over to a complete stranger for them to process some paperwork, but that is just me).

If you are in the Southeast and live near a Publix, they give Metformin out for free with a prescription. They do the same with antibiotics. Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, Kmart, and a few other major chain stores also have the $4 generic medications.

There are resources and help available. People just need to be lead in the right direction, imho.

Good luck and good health to everyone.

:Droxanne aka missinformation:D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi. Just wanted to post 2 websites that have good information on patient assistance programs for people with diabetes and other health issues.

Note, I am not employed by either of these companies, I am just a secretary for a health care provider and have used these to help patients, friends, and also my stepdad.

needymeds(dot)org NeedyMeds is probably the best resource on the web. It lists the pharma companies by name, and you can also search by medication name.

pparx(dot)org Prescription Assistance Program is another good resource. It is more widely advertised.

Never go to a site that tells you they will do all this for you for a fee. You can gather all the information yourself and do it in a matter of hours. (Personally, I would not feel comfortable handing my information, financial, ssn, etc. over to a complete stranger for them to process some paperwork, but that is just me).

If you are in the Southeast and live near a Publix, they give Metformin out for free with a prescription. They do the same with antibiotics. Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, Kmart, and a few other major chain stores also have the $4 generic medications.

There are resources and help available. People just need to be lead in the right direction, imho.

Good luck and good health to everyone.

:Droxanne aka missinformation:D
http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes/2869-certain-medicines-can-obtained-free.html. Thanks for refreshing our minds. We already have a thread about this. If you want to check to see if a subject has already been posted, just do a simple or advanced search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.