The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I just ran across this for anyone that feels that a stand-up computer desk isn't good enough :
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/what-its-really-like-to-work-at-a-tech-startup-99541748994.html

Going to the next level ? :)
Hahahahahaaaa! That's hilarious!

In all seriousness, I would be using a treadmill desk if I could figure out how to do that and push a foot pedal at the same time. ;)

I have found that I can't just "stand there" when I'm working at the podium desk. I have to move, too. Which, I am quite sure, looks utterly ridiculous to everyone else, but. . . Eh -- I'm used to it. :eek:

Reactions: walkerwally1

·
Registered
801 Posts
I also try to get up and walk around for a few minutes every hour or so.
You know, if you are sipping on water while working, you will automatically need to do SOME walking every hour or so. That's been helping me! (But I do work in an office, at almost the farthest possible place from the restrooms....)

Reactions: margilowry

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Good point! I definitely take potty breaks and I did have a door to the bathroom from my office but we blocked it so I have to at least walk around, some. :)

I find that when I'm in ketosis, I *have* to have something to drink at all times or risk having Floor of The Sahara mouth. :)

·
Registered
7,783 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm with you, grammaB. I can stand for a while and sit on the stability ball for a while, but I need to also sit in a chair for a while. My back, she ain't what she usedta be. :)

Reactions: grammaB

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey all,

I thought it would be okay to post an update because it has been over two weeks since I started down this path again.

I am down 11-12 pounds (you know how scales are and water weight in women can be)! Yay!

The stability ball is used for exercise only. The way I had to brace myself to sit and type was ridiculous and it was hurting my calves something fierce. I change up from my regular desk chair to the podium and that is just going to have to be enough. :)

I'm now up to the full 2 g metformin per day and I had my first 80 FBG reading. I'm over the moon with happiness. Maybe, finally, something will work and help me shed this belly fat! Dare I dream?

Anyway, I hope you are all well and happy and I wanted to thank you again for being such a wonderful group of informed and friendly people. This is a nice place to come for information and guidance and I am very grateful for you and this forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,533 Posts
Congrats margilowry, you are doing good, no, you're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: margilowry

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks so much!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts