The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a Onetouch Ultra Mini meter and FreeStyle Freedom Lite...

At first I was only using the FreeStyle Lite and my numbers were looking good...I figured it couldn't be wrong especially with all the changes I've made...Well, then I started using the OneTouch and the numbers were reading sometimes 15-20 points higher / sometimes lower...

Then I realized the readings are all different based on which finger I was using....So with that being said...where is the best place to poke for testing? Is the problem where I'm poking or my meters? Or both? :noidea:

Thanks

Jen

·
Registered
633 Posts
You should just pick a meter and stick with it. Non of them are ever going to read the same mo matter where you poke. Testing blood glucose is not an exact science and never will be. There are just too many variables. As long as you can tell if you are too high or too low that's all you need. So poke away because no 2 fingers are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Infact you will may get the same reading from one meter - even if you use the same drop of blood two times.

Just stick with one meter and dont worry too much about 10-20 points if your numbers are generally ok !

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I used to use a one touch for 3 years. I then switched to a Bayer Contour and my bgs are now 15-30 points lower. I think sticking with one meter is a good idea. I tend to use my left hand fingers only and try to aim for the side of the fingers. Any bg reading you get is not exact but shows you trends of going up or down. If you had unlimited strips and you could test every 5 minutes and see the trends how bgs go up and down all day long.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was just confusing. My bg's were not showing out if control on either meter but there was still a large gap... About 15 points.... I was not sure what to do... Stick w the meter reading higher n try n lower my bg?? I even try testing on my arm (which hurt more than my finger) :eek:(

But yes ur right... I guess I need to just stick with one meter and maintain from there... I have to say I really love this forum... Something new everyday...you get better care n attention in here than you do a doctors office... Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts