The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taking the garbage out....lost my footing and landed on my right hip for the most part.

im in quite a bit of pain. nothing appears to be broken, just very sore. got some scrapes on my right inner arm as well.

not sure if i can/should take anything for the pain.

i dont think anything is broken, everything "moves" normal and such.

sitting is uncomfortable as well

ugh

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
A hip can be a bad injury, Eric . . . if a little ibuprofen doesn't take the edge off, you might want to consider getting it X-rayed.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A hip can be a bad injury, Eric . . . if a little ibuprofen doesn't take the edge off, you might want to consider getting it X-rayed.
we'll see how it feels in a few days. i think its gonna be a bad bruise.
i just felt better making a thread about it because i am home alone at the moment and wanted to get it out.

right now i am taking the edge off with some 6 year old cheddar lol

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
OW! Yes, probably a bad bruise, stay off it and watch it and I agree w/ Shanny ,get it x-rayed if it keeps paining.

I HATE feeling home alone ... glad you posted. Now you will have to keep us up on it, too!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! makes me feel good to know that i have a place to chat about things without fear of repercussion, or my favorite "you never would have said that before you even knew you had diabetes!"

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Not too many things more soothing & comforting than aged cheddar! heheh! ;)

You'll prob'ly know how bad you're hurt when you try to get outta bed tomorrow morning!
(snap/crackle/pop)!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
taking the garbage out....lost my footing and landed on my right hip for the most part.

im in quite a bit of pain. nothing appears to be broken, just very sore. got some scrapes on my right inner arm as well.

not sure if i can/should take anything for the pain.

i dont think anything is broken, everything "moves" normal and such.

sitting is uncomfortable as well

ugh

Eric, I am glad you are OK for now. You are gonna be sore for awhile. Take some Tylenol or Advil if the pain gets worse. I have to agree with the other ladies, get an x-ray if you don't feel better in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hope everything's OK, Eric. Sorry to hear about the fall - take it easy.

G

·
just don't do what I did! :D... I slipped on a step beginning of Jan this year on my way to work... my left hip has been giving out every now and then ever since. I didn't bother seeing my doc about it and didn't bother with any treatment. I have a bad stomach though and still haven't got diagnosis for that so my doc is reluctant to give me any oral anti-inflamitories to take. I saw him this morning and he checked my hip for me among other things and said I had some common problem (can't remember the name).. I'm a bit forgetful at the moment. But from what I remember it is when your muscles are tightening on outside of your hip and on outer leg running down to ankle and it pinches your nerves a bit.... so now I've been told I have to start with the stretching, heat packs, and use anti-inflamitory gel on it until I can get it to move properly. He reckons if it doesn't get any better in a couple of weeks I may need to see a physiotherapist. I'm just having problems moving sideways with it... so getting out of chairs, etc... it can hurt. Any sudden movement really can agitate it and shoot pain down my leg. But really it's the least of my worries right now... I just got annoyed I have something else to nurse. lol.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I did that a couple of winters ago, slipped on black ice walking into exercise class at our gym. I landed on my tail bone. It was sore and bruised for several weeks. If you can ice it and rest it. This morning I went out to chip more ice chunks from our driveway. I cleared about half yesterday. I noticed a glaze on the part I cleared yesterday so I walked very gingerly. It is supposed to go down to 4 tonight so anything left on the driveway will become ice once again.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
naturally im struggling a bit today, but i got through my walk. took me about a mile to finally get loose. my hip did hurt the entire time, but less so as i went on.

i also picked up a heating pad, and have it on now

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fall Eric. A hip injury can be very disabling and painful. Hope you get to feeling better soon .

Bugg:)thankful for no ice

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the heating pad is making a difference. there is no bruise showing to speak of, which is good i suppose

1 - 16 of 16 Posts