The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I became type 2 in 1998 at 25 years old. But I have in and out of denial for many years. I have been alone in my struggles with diabetes for many years. Especially with much of the information about it. It was always changing. There are days where you just wanted to throw your hands in the air and say screw this. You know, one week you can eat this but the following week you can't.
Anyways, I've decided to take control back. I got this app to help. I need like minded people who know exactly how I'm feeling and share the same struggles. I can't do this by myself any more.
I'm excited about this new day.

Joy

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Joy, welcome aboard! There are many type 2 diabetics here who will be able to help answer your questions, so ask all the questions you want. The fact you have joined us shows you aim to improve your control and be healthy. You have taken an important step that can lead to a better life.

Richard

Reactions: RockyXX

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome aboard Joy

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Joy! It's good to have company, isn't it? What is it some say, "Misery loves company"? Well we aren't miserable but with the aid of friends, we are happy people with friends to share with and learn from!

Welcome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome!!! I remember when I joined this site just like you and met all these great people! You really get a lot of help here.

G

·
welcome Joy :) I was a 25yo diagnosed with type 2 in 1998 also... so we have something in common there. I know what you're saying as there is new info all the time and different opinions, etc... which can cause confusion. It's like a roller coaster ride over the years. But I think it's about understanding what's right for you as we're all so different. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi Joy. I understand about all the misinformation out there. I remember when I was first dx'd buying out Borders Diabetes Section. I couldn't believe all the contradictions out there. My head was spinning. Even my dietician told me to eat more carbs. I finally took control myself and said forget what everyone else tells you and use your Meter to determine what to eat. This led me to my current low carb lifestyle. I found out what I could and couldn't eat based on my meter. I also had to increase metformin several times to get bgs down close to normal. I am glad you are serious now and ready to control bgs. It is very doable.

Reactions: Shalynne

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hi Joy. I understand about all the misinformation out there. I remember when I was first dx'd buying out Borders Diabetes Section. I couldn't believe all the contradictions out there. My head was spinning. Even my dietician told me to eat more carbs. I finally took control myself and said forget what everyone else tells you and use your Meter to determine what to eat. This led me to my current low carb lifestyle. I found out what I could and couldn't eat based on my meter. I also had to increase metformin several times to get bgs down close to normal. I am glad you are serious now and ready to control bgs. It is very doable.
Welcome, Joy! :welcome:

What Jeanne (Jwags) said!

We all have to carve our own paths, but we don't have to do it alone.

Glad you found us! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I have been going through the older posts and learning a lot. I had a huge light bulb moment about eating to your meter. I have no idea why this idea never crossed my mind. What a simple idea.
I learnt why I would get higher readings in the morning due to dumping. Now I try to eat something before bed.
I also learnt that when I exercised why I was getting the higher readings too.
This forum has been a great learning tool to me.
I see my doc in August. I can't wait to show her my results.
Joy

·
Registered
741 Posts
hello Joy and welcome!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Joy and welcome.

I'll tell you I've only been coming here for a couple of weeks and found it most helpful. Fears I'd had have been tempered and questions answered. I hope your visits prove to be as helpful.

nerrad33

nerrad33

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi ! Im new also here, and within few hours since I join, several tips were already help me with my breathing problems. Now I just need to try to cope up with carbs, since rice and noddles are the main food in my country.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi ! Im new also here, and within few hours since I join, several tips were already help me with my breathing problems. Now I just need to try to cope up with carbs, since rice and noddles are the main food in my country.
It's the same thing here in the States, except it's bread & potatoes instead of rice & noodles. We just have to cover with protein, fats & more high-fiber vegetables, and keep checking our meters. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's the same thing here in the States, except it's bread & potatoes instead of rice & noodles. We just have to cover with protein, fats & more high-fiber vegetables, and keep checking our meters. ;)
Thanksss Shanny!
A few seconds after reading your post, I realized that it's all about our own choices!
I'll do my best!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello all, i'm a marketing, I have a lot of experience about the food problem, I was one of the most fat, and carbohydrates. so my weight so it rises. I am so because I do not regularly eat, in addition, also I mostly eat less meat and I also work out because I did not get to do it. but I still believe in ourselves, and live it with ease.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts