The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my diagnosis with type 2 (Feb 2011) I have been struggling to find a balanced diet, drop blood sugar levels, drop weight....The whole 9 yards!!

But last week I started on my own version of low carb and eating to my meter and I cannot believe the difference!!!!

I am absolutely buzzing.... I have more energy than I have had in years.... Seriously I can't just do nothing... I HAD to walk my daughter to school this morning to burn off some energy...... My house is sparkling.... I am literally jumping out of my skin....

Now last year I was 150kgs right now I am about 133kgs but I almost jogged home from the school because I have energy to burn!!!!

I am just so amazed at these results because like lots of people on here I have tried a billion diets and starved and struggled and not lost weight....and now with my own concoction of aforementioned changes my life is totally transformed .

I'm not bragging or saying it's for everyone but I just needed to share :) Thanks!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Great news, TT . . . keep up the good work & keep us posted on your progress. You definitely have braggin' rights!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK... Just dragged the dog out of his comfy warm bed and am heading back off to school to pick up my daughter..... :)

Dog not terribly impressed with me HA!!!!

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I was your typical middle aged woman trying every diet out there. Some worked, some didn't but I always gained the weight back. It wasn't until I decided to change my WOE to low carb, that I permanently kept the weight off. I notice a lot of energy. It used to be when I went walking I was huffing and puffing after a mile. Now I can routinely do 5-7 miles and not be tired. It is because your body is burning fat for energy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts