The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Live Happy
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true the reason we go to the doctor every three months id for them to check our A1C, liver, and kidneys? by keeping low levels like i do does this mean I can pretty much live a healthy life till im 70?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm hoping I live past 70. I'm aiming for 90-100. If you keep your bgs as close to 100 as possible that gives you the best chance to avoid complications

·
Registered
930 Posts
Is it true the reason we go to the doctor every three months id for them to check our A1C, liver, and kidneys? by keeping low levels like i do does this mean I can pretty much live a healthy life till im 70?
I am 69 years old and hoping to live past 70. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
control you sugars and you minimize the complications from Diabetes.

there are no guarantees about 70 you can get run over by a bus at any time. make your time count

O

·
0 Posts
yeah keeping BGLs at a safe level is what we're aiming for.
We have to avoid hypos too... so it's a real balancing act.
Keeping a positive attitude is the key and we are all hoping for a fulfilled and long life. :D

·
Live Happy
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Thank You

Thank You Everyone makes my day to hear such positive feedback.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm hoping I live past 70. I'm aiming for 90-100. If you keep your bgs as close to 100 as possible that gives you the best chance to avoid complications
I've seen a couple of other people have Coconut oil listed.... what does that do???

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've seen a couple of other people have Coconut oil listed.... what does that do???
First, there is some evidence to suggest that coconut oil both helps to regulate blood sugar and protect against insulin resistance.

Second, and maybe more importantly, coconut oil contains "medium-chain fatty acids" which are easier to digest than most other oils, and actually help both cholesterol levels and blood pressure.

Coconut oil is proving to be one of the most healthy of all saturated fats, which were once believed to be 'evil'...

Believe it or not, there's something called the "Coconut Research Center" which provides more information, including links to articles and research papers showing the benefits of both coconut and palm oils...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts