The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read somewhere that ketones can appear when you're body is burning the stored fat in your body. Well that's pretty much what I'm going for since I'm a wrestler. Even when my BG is normal, I still have a "Small" amount of ketones in my urine. My diet consists of high protein, moderate amt of carbs, and hardly any junk food.

Do any of you guys think this will be become a problem in the long run?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I've read somewhere that ketones can appear when you're body is burning the stored fat in your body. Well that's pretty much what I'm going for since I'm a wrestler. Even when my BG is normal, I still have a "Small" amount of ketones in my urine. My diet consists of high protein, moderate amt of carbs, and hardly any junk food.

Do any of you guys think this will be become a problem in the long run?
If your blood sugar is running HIGH and you have ketones, yes.

If your blood sugar is running LOW, congratulations! It means you are burning FAT! :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
No I don't think it will become a problem as people without diabetes that are on high proein diet will show the same trace amounts of keytones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your blood sugar is running HIGH and you have ketones, yes.

If your blood sugar is running LOW, congratulations! It means you are burning FAT! :D
Lol well that's good to hear. Last time I tested my BG was 110 and I still had ketones. It was beginning to become a concern.

No I don't think it will become a problem as people without diabetes that are on high proein diet will show the same trace amounts of keytones.
Awesome! I'm very relieved to her that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts