The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Type 2 Dx in Dec 08.
Lost 50 pounds since dx, now in normal BMI range
Exercise at least 30 minutes a day since dx.
On Metformin 1700 mg per day since March (ish)
Limit sugar... even switched from milk to soy for less sugar.

No discernible change in scores. In fact, since colonoscopy (polyps removed) have been between 10 and 15 mmol.

Wow, what's it take?

Bruce

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like you would benefit from combining your metformin with another antidiabetic drug, which can be quite effective for many people. If that fails, then it might be a good idea to start on a small dose of a basal insulin, such as lantus, in the morning to keep your levels steady throughout the day.

If you are unhappy with your levels, then your best bet is to discuss your options with your doctor. He will be able to advise the best managment plan for your particular situation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good point mjcmurfy. In fact since my original post, my scores have moved up to between 16 and 18. Way too high.

Went to the diabetic centre in town... they think I have an infection and I needed to see the doc. My doc was on vacation, so went to the local clinic.

The doc there put me on gliclazide (sp?), and said it would take a week for scores to move down. Also added another 750 mg dose of Metformin, so now taking 3 X 750 per day.

Let's see what happens now.......

I'm a tad tired....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts