The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

A year ago I went to see my doctor because I felt really Tired, shaking and cold when I did not have something to eat for a while. He totally dismissed me and told me to snack between meals and eat more carbs. Things got worse after I nearly fainted at a concert after skipping a meal. Went back, same speech.

Now I am having trouble with ny kidneys. I have pain although Not very painful it is quite uncomfortable.

My gp send samples for infection and it cane back negative. After that he gave me painkiller and send me home.

A week later the pain got worst. I registered with a different doctor and he did a urine test immediatly. I had blood and protein. He is awndind sample for infection AGAIN!
I am waiting to hear the result tomorrow but should I asked to be tested for diabetes or should I trust my doctors know better?

Another thing is I start noticing my urine smells very sweet...

What would you do?

Please help.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome, Sandra. I would be very assertive about getting a reading on your blood sugars. A simple finger-prick test could tell them if you need further study for diabetes. Or you could get a meter for yourself and do the tests at home: Normal non-diabetic blood sugar ranges between 3.8 and 6.6 mmol/l. Anything outside of normal range should be addressed medically.

Blood & protein in the urine can be from many causes like kidney stones etc., and the sweet smell can be from ketones and/or glucose spilling into the urine. I hope your new doctor pays attention.

Thank you for joining us . . . please visit often and keep us posted on what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts