The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
So you were on saxagliptin (onglyza), and now you're taking saxagliptin + metformin? Many of us take metformin - what exactly is your question about it other than counting noses about who takes it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you were on saxagliptin (onglyza), and now you're taking saxagliptin + metformin? Many of us take metformin - what exactly is your question about it other than counting noses about who takes it?
what happen, i had been taking onglyza with metformin and my neuoraphy pain had stopped. then i stopped taking onglyza around the first of july and about 45 days later my np returned in my last three toes of my left foot. my doctor started me on the kombiglyze xr 2 weeks ago and as of now it has'nt stop hurting.i also started 600 mg of alpha lipic and that has'nt work.....maybe its too soon to get relief. i take that the komiblyze xr 1000/5 is a combination of metformin and onglyza.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
i take that the komiblyze xr 1000/5 is a combination of metformin and onglyza.
Yes it is; but you have the numbers reversed. I think the combination is saxagliptin 5 mg / metformin hydrochloride extended-release 1000 mg., or KOMBIGLYZE XR 5/1000

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
BS101 states that Onglyza is the same as Vildagliptin. If thats the case I was on this drug till last week. Now trying to control my BGs without it.

Was on the drug for 2 months, so cannot talk about long term effects but it did give me headaches when i woke up in the morning

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts