The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies,

Has any one had more pain during their menstruel cycle while on Levemir? Does the diabetes have any influence itself? Yes, I am 4* and holding so the "change of life" is imminent and it may only be that but I just thought I'd ask.

G

·
it sounds like you probably should get a check up with your doc.... not sure if you're aware but us ladies who have diabetes are more likely to have polycystic ovarian syndrome which can cause pain for us. But if you haven't had problems and only recently noticed these problems, you may have something else going on.... go and get it checked if it's a bother to you.... better safe than sorry. :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I find the older I get, the "crampier" I get. I am also been holding out for menopause. Hehe looking forward to it actually :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I am not on insulin but have gone through the change. Those last few years before menopause were very irregular and very crampy. Some months I would have a very light period and some months I would have such a heavy flow, I couldn't leave the house. Then eventually the space between periods got longer and around 54 they eventually just stopped.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I am not on insulin but have gone through the change. Those last few years before menopause were very irregular and very crampy. Some months I would have a very light period and some months I would have such a heavy flow, I couldn't leave the house. Then eventually the space between periods got longer and around 54 they eventually just stopped.
54??? Oh please tell me I dont have to wait that long :( *so* ready to be done with it all!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Diabetes BEGAN my menopause!

I just had fewer and lighter periods, in the 2 yrs since. And yep, I am 53, the "official" date of my meno will be this May (one year since LMP). GAH!

And, Type 1's AND Type 2's have more PCOS. I agree, get checked out!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My experience to a "T", Jeanne . . . perimenopause like to have driven me CRAZY! I hear ya, Pam! So glad to be "old" & have that all behind me! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I agree completely. It is so nice not to have to worry about that anymore. Now I just have to deal with a few hot flashes, but that saves me money on the heating bill. Of course everyone else in the house freezes.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I did not know that Type 1 and Type 2 ladies have more PCOS. Maybe that accounts for all the "problems" I had when I was child bearing age. I had menopause when I was 55......aargh!!!! So glad to be over that. Used to be too warm all the time, now I'm freezing all the time. Sometimes you just can't win. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I did not know that Type 1 and Type 2 ladies have more PCOS. Maybe that accounts for all the "problems" I had when I was child bearing age. I had menopause when I was 55......aargh!!!! So glad to be over that. Used to be too warm all the time, now I'm freezing all the time. Sometimes you just can't win. :)
I have a friend with PCOS and she's not diabetic but if she eats any sugar her PCOS flares up.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Mindy - that is amazing. Not great for your friend, but amazing anyway. I wonder if sugar can be responsible for some of the irritability a woman has during the menstrual cycle?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mindy - that is amazing. Not great for your friend, but amazing anyway. I wonder if sugar can be responsible for some of the irritability a woman has during the menstrual cycle?

She's had it so long it doesn't bother her anymore...she makes sugary things for her family all the time. She can get away with using agave syrup if she wants something sweet.

And what do some of us crave during that time...sugar...only causing more irritability

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
When I was younger I craved sugar soooooo much more than now. Not that I still don't crave it, just not as much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts